Can Asus EAX1600 Pro + Badenov work thru DVI?

orByte

2 posts in this topic

Hi all,

has anyone managed to get the ATIX1600 working with Badenov thru the DVI port? I can get VGA, but no DVI. I also tried Callisto & Badenov but it does not work very well: freezes on resolution change + artifacts. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Best

Hi all,

has anyone managed to get the ATIX1600 working with Badenov thru the DVI port? I can get VGA, but no DVI. I also tried Callisto & Badenov but it does not work very well: freezes on resolution change + artifacts. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Best

OK, I want to share my latest discovery on this issue. The problem appears to be stemming from the fact that the monitor is recognised as 'CRT' and hence the DVI-I port sends an analog signal which on the monitor end at the DVI-D port will NOT work.

My monitor is an IIYAMA ProLite H431S with one VGA and one DVI-D port. (I was using the VGA port for a TV TUNER device)

The graphics card is an AUS EAX1600PRO with one VGA and one DVI-I port.

DVI standards:

DVI-A - analog only

DVI-I - analog signal or digital signal composite plug

DVI-D - digital only.

The DVI-D connection works properly under windows and linux, but not under OSx86. However it does work under the G5 Powermac so it seems this is a driver/monitor recognition issue under OSx86.

Has anyone managed to force digital monitor recognition (without Callisto) - however.

Best