I've Made Progress

zoink

5 posts in this topic

Well i finally got my audio device to be recognized, it shows up in the audio console, the volume bar is on my toolbar, and now audio files will play...but i still can't hear anything. I have tried plugging my headphones into the in and out jacks and still get nothing, not even mono sound.

I followed these steps exactly

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=18642

except instead of "10ec0882" i used "10ec0262" (step 2, bullet 3)

Any ideas?

edit: if it helps here's a pic of my ven and dev id's....but i think i got em right :x

vendevidtg7.th.jpg

When i booted my computer into osx this morning, it said "You need to restart your computer, please hold down the power button, blah blah.." so i did, and it did it again. I restarted a third time with the -v flag to see if there were any errors, and it booted fine...except when i was in the middle of typing this message before it just froze completely. So i restarted again with -v and it booted fine...now my volume control icon that was there before is gone, and it's not recognizing my sound again :construction:

Run Disk Utility and Verify your OSX partition in First Aid. (Repair permissions while you're at it) If it fails First Aid, you will have to boot your install DVD and run Disk Utility and Repair your OSX partition.

I've gotten it to boot now, but im more concerned with getting the sound to work :/