Trackpad going crazy. (Dell E6400)

jar50972

3 posts in this topic

I am trying to get Snow Leopard on my Dell Latitude E6400. Install goes well, everything works great. Except for the trackpad. When I touch the trackpad, the cursor flies around the screen clicking randomly and opening menus, windows, programs, etc. I have installed a ApplePS2Controller.text and that didn't help at all. Please help me, I am about to pull my hair out from this stupid trackpad!

I believe I have a Alps trackpad, because it doesn't have multitouch. If anyone has any suggestions, please tell me.

To install, I am booting using a boot 132 cd (based off Chameleon 2.0 RC3) and retail 10.6.3 disk.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue on Leopard 10.5.7, Only legal disk I have and want to do this as legal as is possible so I bought the retail a while back and just now getting around to it.

the post http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=243851

May have some info that might help you.. I got everything else working from this post despite most of the links being broken now.