Network Problem

Domestic

4 posts in this topic

ello all

I am new to this forum and I am pissed off with my network problem... after many researches on this forum, google, wiki... I still couldn't establish my network card on MacOSX x86.

here are some specifications, what I use:

-motherboard Asus P5PL2 with onboard RTL8111B ethernet adapter

-MacOSx86 10.4.3 with 81111a patch, Darwin kernel 8.x

I installed tulip 1.2 tool and acording to manual on wiki.osx86project.org I edited info.plist and added my network's card id.

my DXdiag shows me:

Name: Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC

Device ID: PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_81AA1043&REV_01\4&AD17F01&0&00E3

which means that my vendor ID is 10EC and my Device ID is 8168, so I added 0x816810ec to my info.plist, am I right? then I did chmod 644 to all files in tulip.kext and set chmod root:wheel to them which I think is right as well...

then I started kextload tluip.kext and operation was succesful without errors but I still have no ethernet adapter in system/network preferences. in anycase I have there Build-in Ethernet with red light and can't configure it and always there is message: the cable is unpluged or not pluged correctly which is wrong ofcourse cause it is pluged properly in to my switch/hub

I can see en0 interface in system dialog with my local ip, netmask and gateway ip but I can't see it with ifconfig command...

I have no ideas anymore and any help is most welcome....

good luck, Iztok

but did try it anyone before?

Lots of people.

Click the "Search" link in the upper left side of this forum window.

In search:

Upper left, keyword, enter: "8168" (without quotes)

Lower left, select "All Forums"

Lower right, select "Show results as posts"

Click "Perform the Search"

Read all of the postings of people looking for a solution.