Should I buy another Macbook Alu?

1 post in this topic

Hey!

In 2010, I had my first ever Intel Mac. It was a Macbook Alu 2008 2.0. I loved that machine to bits. Its an awesome machine, but sadly last year, it started acting up.

Here are its problems:

The screen flickers violently.

Really bad chips on the casing.

Sometimes doesn't turn on, you have to take out the battery and put it back in to make it work.

At the login screen there are duplicate cursors.

Sometimes, there are even GPU artifacts.

I think I know the reason why, when it was 2010, I pretty much put my Macbook to a tonne of work.

This was what it did:

8 Xcode windows open.

2 Windows of Google Chrome Open with about 19 tabs.

Windows XP VM running in the background.

15 Finder windows.

Mail running in the background.

iTunes running.

Along with Photoshop with 6 tabs open.

This was done daily until mid 2011 when I got my first Intel iMac (I love it, it does all my work now. ). Since Mid 2011, I have had to replace my Macbook Aluminium due to these faults with a Sony Vaio in October 2011. But today, I went to a pawn shop, and found a Macbook Aluminium pending sale. Immaculate condition (This time I will invest in a case) with everything working. You'd think its new. Its not on sale yet, but the guy reckons it will go for 350. Should I trade my current Sony Vaio in for that? I am tempted. You see, Im an iPhone developer. But I dont have that much money.

What do you think I should do?

I can still do iPhone development on my current Macbook, but it hardly works.

I will also use the Macbook for playing Minecraft.

Thats about it.

My worry is that it wont run later versions of OSX to come.

What do you think?

----------

PS. I dont want any of you thinking im irrisponsible with my stuff. Im very careful with my stuff. My Macbook just went everywhere with me (We have a static caravan that we go to every weekend). But, this time I will have A protective case for it.