Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

1 post in this topic

Hey everyone,

The past month I've been ripping my neck trying to get this installation of OSX Snow Leopard running on my machine. Everything works perfectly, QE/CE, sound, ethernet, video drivers, etc. It's pretty much a working installation EXCEPT it's very sluggishly slow.

I don't mean constantly slow, OSX freezes up and locks up every minute or so. I'd be surfing just fine or opening a folder, things work great, then beach ball cursor for 2 minutes, then back to normal. Any ideas how to fix this?

I think it has something to do with my boot options or external HD.

I don't boot with any boot flags, they're all in my org.chameleon.Boot.plist in E/E.

I'm booting with mach_kernel, using GraphicsEnabler=y, -force64, arch=i386, -v, cpus=1

I'm currently running Snow Leopard 10.6.7 via Hazard's Distro 10.6.2 AMD/Intel. I upgraded to 10.6.7 by combo update+legacy update. (I've tried every other distro and even tried using retail DVD with Nawcom/[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] but no go)

AMD Athlon X3 450 (3.2Ghz), 8GB of RAM, GeForce 9500 GT.

Bootup takes very long (approx 5 minute to access desktop) and file transfers (internal or external) takes so long. 1GB takes like 30 minutes to transfer. A lot of the apps crash such as Chrome, iTunes, etc. (Probably because I'm running 64?) Bootloader Chimera doesn't work either, I have to always use the Hazard disc to select the Mac Partition. Do you guys have any idea why it's bugging out? It's weird, some tasks are fast like animations, but navigation is very slow and freezes etc.

Many thanks!

PS: When you boot, does the bootloader use the boot.plist from E/E or the one in the SystemPrefs folder? Also, when you type in your own flags at bootloader, does that cancel the ones in the boot.plist?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BALDY_MAN
      Could someone please give me a 0zmosis. APFS.ffs file. as I've experienced a hard wear fault and lost my files and stuff. and didn't back up as often as I should have
                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Best Regards
    • By chriz74
      In this video I first show the boot time of my system running on an OCZ Vertex 3 SSD APFS formatted and with TRIM enabled. As you can see the boot has a long pause at these "FIPSPOST_USER" stuff. The solution that always worked for me is to create a time machine backup and restore to disk. As you can see after the restoring that long pause is drastically reduced. The initial boot time is 45 seconds circa, after restoring is down to 22 seconds. TRIM is still enabled and disk is APFS.

• By robi101012981
      Hello guys, I have a big problem. On 10.12.0 I don t have any problems, only some minor glitches, but in 10.12.5 I have a lot of issues, graphic card doesn t work, system it s booting very slow...any suggestions? I have an Acer Aspire VX5, i7-7770HQ, Intel HD 620. Thanks,
    • By TraumAmnesia

Here's my config : 

i7 860

Maximus III Formula

GTX 780

2x8go ram DDR3

Card Silverstone PCI Express 2 SATA 6gbps

SSD 850 EVO 500 Go

Dongle USB>Jack natively recognized.

I have a problem quite unordinary

I just migrated to Mac OS Sierra, and everything works but the OS itself lags, whether it's in the applications or opening the Finder, the preference panel, etc.

However my graphic card is well detected and the whole hardware is detected

I had the same problem on El Captain, that I resolved by recreating a cleaner EFI Clover. After doing that, it was perfectly fluid, but it didn't work on Sierra. 

I'm on Clover r3773 (see on the screenshot)

By the way, I ticked CloverEFI 64-bits BiosBlockIO to have the support of my PCI card and therefore make the most of the SATA 3

I'm configured in iMac 13,2 (the 14.2 made my GTX780 crash at boot)

Thanks !

• By supersaiyansubtlety
      I recently set up a new modem/wireless router combination in part to have the convenience of a hard drive accessible on my network. Unfortunately I've been sorely disappointed by the transfer speeds to the drive. 
      Here is all the relevant information I can think of:
      Router: Linksys EA6300 AC1200
      Modem: ARRIS / Motorola SurfBoard SB6141 DOCSIS 3.0
      Hard Drive: Seagate Packup Pluss 8TB USB 3.0 (STDT8000100)
      Laptop: MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X 10.11.4
      Download speeds are 50-90Mbps, here is a link to a test I did while writing this: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5315226729
      Also the router is sitting below the desk my laptop is usually on, so they are literally feet apart from each other. 
      The primary source of speed disappointment has been with torrents through Vuze. With the hard drive connected via USB port, total download speeds were usually 5-8 MB/s, and now they only rarely get up to 1 MB/s and are often in the area of 50KB/s. 
      Does anyone know of anything I can do to improve upon this?