Sluggish Slow but Good Specs in Hackintosh

1 post in this topic

Hey everyone,

The past month I've been ripping my neck trying to get this installation of OSX Snow Leopard running on my machine. Everything works perfectly, QE/CE, sound, ethernet, video drivers, etc. It's pretty much a working installation EXCEPT it's very sluggishly slow.

I don't mean constantly slow, OSX freezes up and locks up every minute or so. I'd be surfing just fine or opening a folder, things work great, then beach ball cursor for 2 minutes, then back to normal. Any ideas how to fix this?

I think it has something to do with my boot options or external HD.

I don't boot with any boot flags, they're all in my org.chameleon.Boot.plist in E/E.

I'm booting with mach_kernel, using GraphicsEnabler=y, -force64, arch=i386, -v, cpus=1

I'm currently running Snow Leopard 10.6.7 via Hazard's Distro 10.6.2 AMD/Intel. I upgraded to 10.6.7 by combo update+legacy update. (I've tried every other distro and even tried using retail DVD with Nawcom/[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] but no go)

AMD Athlon X3 450 (3.2Ghz), 8GB of RAM, GeForce 9500 GT.

Bootup takes very long (approx 5 minute to access desktop) and file transfers (internal or external) takes so long. 1GB takes like 30 minutes to transfer. A lot of the apps crash such as Chrome, iTunes, etc. (Probably because I'm running 64?) Bootloader Chimera doesn't work either, I have to always use the Hazard disc to select the Mac Partition. Do you guys have any idea why it's bugging out? It's weird, some tasks are fast like animations, but navigation is very slow and freezes etc.

Many thanks!

PS: When you boot, does the bootloader use the boot.plist from E/E or the one in the SystemPrefs folder? Also, when you type in your own flags at bootloader, does that cancel the ones in the boot.plist?