Leo install help

elthomas

10 posts in this topic

I have a Compaq Presario V2602xt, it is an AMD machine, and also has the ATI x200m graphics card, I know it will not have everything but I have been unable to get the dvd disk to install from dvd to hdd, I know there is an issue with the ide/pata hdd/dvd drivers. But have no way of knowing what to do. I was trying to install Hazards 10.6.1 intel/amd distro. If someone can help I would appreciate it.

You say you are installing Leopard (10.5), but you downloaded a 10.6 distro?? Which are you trying to install?

The way you fix your issue is to load the kext for your controller into /System/Library/Extensions, but there are also permissions issues that you'd have to fix...you'd probably have to have access to a Mac to install it properly, as I don't know if Linux is suitable for the job...post a pic/video of verbose booting (at the boot prompt, press the key indicated and type -v, then press enter). If you can get that far, but get stuck at the installation, go up in the menu bar and choose Window > Installer Log and see what's in there.

It's impossible via Windows. There are permissions issues. Is there a way you can use a SATA drive instead of PATA temporarily? Once installation's over then we can enable PATA. Otherwise I'll have to look up Linux commands.

• 1 month later...

hey guys don't tell me 10.6.1 by hazard requires sata drive ONLY!! i'm facing an issue booting it after installation (which went alright) it freezes at apple logo. any help??

First of all, look at the date of the thread. :)

No, it does not require SATA, but I wouldn't use a distro if I were you. Find/buy a retail disc and look up my guide in my signature to do a retail installation.

It's a lot easier to manage. With distros there are so many issues post install that are non-existent with retail installations.