CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page(0x10000000): p=758lmgrd] clearing CS_VALID

digieditny

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. I've been running OSX on my custom built PC for more than 3 years. Never had a problem. I'm now running 10.6.8. Everything was running beautifully until I restarted the computer and then started to get the blue screen then flashing to black then blue screen loop. I booted verbose and saw this running continually

CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page(0x10000000): p=758lmgrd] clearing CS_VALID

The section "p=758" always changes and go up. Usually starts at 0 and then goes up and up. Not sure whats going on. Didn't install anything. The only thing I did was pull the wacom tablet usb out while the computer was running. Besides that, I don't think anything else is new.

I've searched all over the internets and found nothing... I prefer not to have to reinstall OSX.

Any help? It does not boot in Safe mode.

Thanks!

Ok well after spending the whole day on this, I finally figured out it was a corrupted "authorization" file. This lives here /private/etc/authorization. I replaced it with the one on the snow leopard dvd. That lives here /Volumes/osx/private/etc/authorization. I simply just replaced the old one with the one on the dvd.

It looks like the errors I was getting "CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page(0x10000000): p=758lmgrd] clearing CS_VALID" had nothing to do with it. After checking the system.log files I noticed I was getting an "authorizationref returned an error".

I hope this helps someone.