Jump to content

10.6.8 on Lenovo T61 - Trackpad issues after Security Update


2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi Guys,


unfortunately rank beginner on the MacOS front. I do understand its some sort of BSD derivate which helps as I have solid UNIX fundamentals, but new enough to be missing important enough MacOS basics (probably).


Anyway. I got a Lenovo T61 8896-CTO with the 14" screen and the Intel X3100 graphics.

I knew from checking the compatibility logs that Intel WiFi is a non-runner so I replaced the Intel WiFi with a Broadcom card which is working fine after de-whitelisting the card in the bios. Other than that this box is pretty compatible which I can confirm from my installation experience.


I started with iATKOS S3 v2 and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and got the machine up and running and into a state where everything I need is working just fine. Of course sleep went out the window with the 10.6.8 upgrade but while it would be nice to have I'm not terribly bothered.


Unfortunately I installed a suggested Security Update from Apple after the 10.6.8 combo update and - whether its actually related or not I don't know - since then my trackpad isn't being recognized.

Keyboard is fine (typing this on my 'Macbook') and I'm helping myself with a USB mouse but can't get the trackpad back to work.


Scanning /var/log and trying verbose boot but to no avail. Also tried different versions of the Voodoo PS driver but no change. Yet the keyboard is fine.


Well, question is where do I start learning about driver (caching) concepts, logging/tracing possibilities etc? Or alternatively (long shot but you never know) how do I get my trackpad back?


I do have pretty solid UNIX fundamentals (20 years in the industry) so one can talk 'English' to me but I wasn't planning on becoming a MacOS hacking expert. Btw, the laptop is just a means to start exploring iOS SDK development and I'm simply not to keen to spend thousands on a 'proper' Mac first.


Thanks for your time, probably way too long a post, but since its my first I wanted to introduce myself a bit.





Link to comment
Share on other sites

Right 'solved' it. Moving the driver from E/E to S/L/E did the trick.


I know 3rd party drivers aren't really supposed to be in S/L/E but since I do not intend to upgrade from 10.6.8 anytime soon it shouldn't really matter.


Thanks for reading anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Create New...