P6T (non deluxe, non SE version) Lion Install question

maflynn

5 posts in this topic

I have a fully functioning Snow Leopard hackintosh however, I'd like to go to Lion as I'm running the on my MacBook Pro.

My question is this: Is it feasible for me to get Lion working this set up or am I better suited with a new mobo (and maybe cpu I have a core i7-970)?

I've been searching the net and I've really not found too much specific instructions for installing Lion on a P6T motherboard. For SnowLeopard the guides for the P6T Deluxe and P6T SE versions did not work, but I eventually did find one that worked.

Thanks

Mike

Not sure how different this is from my P6t deluxe v2, but I had a lot of success with iATKOS L2, didn't have to remove drives/ram any of that garbage like a vanilla install.

Thanks, I got iATKOS and that seem to work by and large. I'm still testing it out, but I was able to install 11D42 (beta of 10.7.3) without any problems. The only one issue appears to be sleep. The computer refuses to go into sleep and if the monitor does go into sleep, I get can't wake it

I found this thread http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=253992 that may help my sleep issues. I haven't had time to see if patching the kext will resolve it but its an encouraging sign