boot error - what's wrong?

max.mx

7 posts in this topic

C'mon guys, yu're the gurus here...

Allready tried different things in single user mode, but the boot screen stays almost the same (see above post).

It might have something to do with IPv6 (deactivated it according to a speed-up tipp found here on this forums), the system searching for AirPort drivers ("nothing found to load"??) or probably the last line on the screenshot... (in_delmulti - ignoring invalid inm).

:|

Anyway, your help would be mostly appreciated!!!

It is really imprtant for me to get the MacOS back running...

;)

Ok, there's a new error when boooting with -v -x -f:

Workaround Bonjour: unknown error 0

;)

and, when booting with -v only:

RT2560: Link DOWN (appeared 1st time, after that line system hangs for some minutes, followed by):

disk0s7: I/O timeout.

disk0s2: I/O timeout. [<-- should be my OS partition]

... perhaps interesting as well (some lines up, before Checking Disk):

launchd: ioctl(SIOCAIFADDR ipv6): File exists

well i do this for right boot

boot from cd, when you promt to window to acept the instalattion go to up barr the clik utility, terminal and type this whitout cotes "cp /mach_kernel /Volumes/Barracuda/"

well then exit and reboot

note: Barracuda is the name of my volume, change it foo your volumes name, space before cp and mach_kernel.

done

so u reinstalled the whole os?

Without knowing exactly every step you took during installing Macvidia and every step you took removing Macvidia and every step you took since then trying to fix the problem, there would be no hope in trying to figure out how to fix your problem.

You will be reinstalling the whole OS.