Help Building a New Computer

1 post in this topic

I am building a new computer,please help me build it.

I normally only learn about computer hardware when i am buying or upgrading the hardware and then i lose track.So i might not know a few things though i have mentioned all my queries below.

I am trying to build a system that would last and as interconnected and wireless as possible.

I will be using it for :

Video Games

Video Editing

Audio Editing

Image Editing

Display forPC,TV,PS3

Heaphones for TV,PC,PS3,Phone(if Headphone are bluetooth)

Router for 2 home PC,1 phone,Media Server,PS3,TV(if Display is internet connected)

Dual Shock 3 Connection

Virtual OS operations

Hackintosh(So only Intel processors)

DLNA - Media Server,Android devices,Apple devices

Wireless File and Date Transfer to PC - Android with bluetooth to PC

Products and Technology :

CPUProcessor - 4-6 Cores,Overclock Support

Motherboard - PCE-E,USB,SATA,Ethernet,DVI,HDMI 1.4,Display Port,Wi-Fi,Bluetooth,Optical Audio,Integrated Card Support,Overclock Support,multi-GPU support

GPUGraphic Card - Memory,Multiple Display Support,3D Displays,Dual GPU,Resolution 1080p or better

HDD - 2 -3.5tb

RAM - 8+gb

Display - 24 -27inch,Resolution 1080p or more,Contrasts,Colors,DVI,Display Ports,HDMI,Wi-fi,USB,Bluetooth,Speakers,Headphones

Speakers - More Channels,Wireless Streaming

Headphones - Noise Cancellation,Microphone,Blue-tooth,Wireless,More Channels,Bluetooth,Battery Life

Router - Gigabit Ethernet,Wireless standard N.Good Wireless bandwidth,NAS,DLNA

Heatsinks and Coolers

Power Supply

Some Question's from my side :

CPU :

Xeon gaming and normal apps - How is Xeon on Gaming and Normal PC applications?

i7 Extreme Sandy Bridge - Is this required for my usage and will it be worth it?

Core i7 First Gen Core systems - So Sandy Bridge Extreme Processors are very expensive but 970 and 980 6 core Westmere CPU's cost only $500.Is that a bargain and Is buying 1 year old processors good?

i7 2600K - Will this be enought for me?

i5 2500K - Will this be enought for me?

Core vs thread - so AMD vs Intel,AMD provides more Cores but Intel does threading.Whats the difference?

Duration Without Update - How long each of them will be enough to perform the heavy task applications,2-3 years?

Motherboard :

Sound Card - Is it Required or Motherboard will take care of it

Wi-Fi Card - Is it Required or Motherboard will take care of it

Blue-tooth Card - Is it Required or Motherboard will take care of it

SATA 3 and PCI-E 3

Duration Without Update - How long will this be enough to perform the heavy task applications,2-3 years?

RAM :

Channels - How many channels is good?

Speed - Whats the difference between different 'mhz'?

Duratin Without Update - How long will this be enough to perform the heavy task applications,2-3 years?

GPU:

Cores - I read this when checking out Nvidia Cards,they have 100's of cores.What do they mean?

Speed - How much is good as in 'hz'?

Bandwidth - How much bandwidth is good?

Duration Without Update - How long will latest GPU's be enough to perform the heavy task applications,2-3 years?

Display:

What Aspect ratio should the Display have as WEB is designed 4:3 and many movies have 21:9 ratio.

Do the multidisplays connection to GPU share resolution in output of do they have 2 x resolutions coming out of GPU?

Heatsinks and Coolers:

Are liquid Coolers really required?

Fans vs Liquid Coolers?

Are heatsinks required?

What all components can and should have heatsinks and cooler?I see them on RAM these days

Wireless :

Wireless Headphones,Keyboard,Mouse,Router - What does range in 'HZ' mean

Will different wireless technologies interfere with each other?

Speakers and Headphones - Standard - What do different Standards like dolby,true HD differ?

Power Supply - How Many Watts Should my Power Supply be and what all Sockets Should it have?

Keyboard - Do i need to my two keyboards? Ergonomic keyboards for typing and SonyApple Wireless keyboard or just one?

Mouse - Do i need to my two mouse? Ergonomic mouse for gaming and MicrosoftApple touch mouse or just one?

Optical Drive - Should I buy a Blu-ray Drive?

Webcam - I Don't Video Chat much and have iphone as a video chat,should it buy one?

Printer - I make alot of notes and i like them clean and formatted but should i go far to buy a printer on do it on paper and phone

Tablet or netbook or ultrabook - I have an iphone 64gb and will have a good PC.Is there a need for medium screen portable device?

Please Help in the following way:

Technology - As in what all tech is needed to make it possible like technical information like cores,wi-fi,pci express,aspect ratio,memory,etc

Products - Products on the market that will make it all possible like Intel,Nvidia,Evga,Asus,Apple,Cisco,etc and their different product lineup's.

Suggestions - Suggest what configurations will be good for my usage like xeon,core i extreme,core i7,12gb ram,etc