nVidia Graphics Card doesn't work properly

mathq

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

My graphics card is no longer working properly in Lion. It used to work fine with Snow Leopard, before the 10.6.7 update, I guess.

Here is what it does:

photo.jpg

Any help would be highly appreciated.

The Graphics Card is nVidia GeForce 9500GT.

Have you tried NVEnabler64?

To confirm your pciroot value, use this command in Terminal:

ioreg -l | grep -15 "AppleACPIPCI" | grep "_UID"

which should give "_UID" = "1" or "_UID" = "0".

Yes, I tried NVEnabler64, still no luck.

I tried your command, but does the graphics card need to be plugged in?

If so, I'll only be able to try it tomorrow via -s, because I am unable to see anything on the screen when the graphics card is plugged in. I am currently using the GMA 950 but I get poor performances with Flash which makes my CPU to throttle up to 200%, which is the maximum load of it because it is a dual core.

EDIT: I tried your command with the GC unplugged and it returned nothing, so I assume it needs to be plugged in.

Thanks again for your help, verdant.

Yes, I tried NVEnabler64, still no luck.

I tried your command, but does the graphics card need to be plugged in?

If so, I'll only be able to try it tomorrow via -s, because I am unable to see anything on the screen when the graphics card is plugged in. I am currently using the GMA 950 but I get poor performances with Flash which makes my CPU to throttle up to 200%, which is the maximum load of it because it is a dual core.

EDIT: I tried your command with the GC unplugged and it returned nothing, so I assume it needs to be plugged in.

Thanks again for your help, verdant.

1. Make sure that you use the 9500 GT port that is nearest to the MOBO.

With NVEnabler, I am assuming that you had put your graphics card device IDs in NVDAResman.kext and NVDANV50Hal.kext, and then reset the kext ownership and permissions and re-created the kernelcache....see here......

2. Also, instead of NVEnabler64.kext, try the following:

Use the latest Chameleon release with Graphics Enabler = Yes and No org.chameleon.Boot.plist

3. Try PciRoot=1 and PciRoot=0 in org.chameleon.Boot.plist

4. If you experience a display freeze after "PCI Configuration Begin", then try npci=0x2000 (or if that does not work, try npci=0x3000) in Kernel Flags string of org.chameleon.Boot.plist

• Like 1

I already tried to add Device IDs somewhere, but I do not remember if I put it those ones exactly, so I'll try it again.

With ncpci=2000, I got a kernel panic (URL: http://mathieuquesne.../mac/panic1.jpg)

The other things didn't work.

The first command returned:

_UID = "3"
_UID = "1"
_UID = "1"

I tried PciRoot=3, and it didn't work.

You need to use the device IDs for your actual 9500 GT card.....see my guide on how to find what they are.....

• 4 weeks later...