PCI configuration begin EVGA GTX 460 v2

d3athsd00r

1 post in this topic

I posted this in the graphics card subforum but got no response and that forum seems to be quite dead, so i figured I would try it somewhere else.

I'm currently running 10.7.2 using Kakewalk 4.1.1 on a Gigabyte EP45T-UD3P

I previously had a 9800GTX+ installed and working great but I just bought a new evga GTX 460. I assumed that since the card was listed as supported under their compatibility that it would work. However, I didn't know that it was a v2 until I got it. Not sure what that means, but now every time I boot, it stops at [PCI configuration begin]. I am able to connect using screen sharing but it doesn't show any video on the monitors connected to the computer.

I attempted PCIRootUID=1, GraphicsEnabler=no, npci=0×2000, and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. the last two will boot fine but then I'm stuck with 1280x1024 resolution on a 1920x1080 monitor. I also attempted to make a new bootable flash drive with Kakewalk but it fails at the same place as well.

Does anyone know any possible way to fix this other than putting my 9800 back in?

• Like 1