[Problem]Low brightness with GMA950 on L2

rubenmato

3 posts in this topic

Dear all,

After a couple of tries, I managed to get a clean install of L2. I am aware that the GMA950 kexts will only work fine if I boot in 32-bit mode, and indeed I appear to have full resolution when I do so. However, there seems to be a big problem with the screen, It has no brightness at all, it is virtually dark. I can barely see the icons.

I read in another thread that I might need to import the Apple Integrated Frame Buffer kexts from 10.6.0 and tried to do so, with no success (I just replaced it in users/extra,,,, I probably did something wrong here as well).

Could you guys help me? It's a 27A2 model.

Thanks =)

Ok, after trying a lot of things, this is what I did in order to sort the weak(est) brightness on my GMA950 with the Lion install.

I installed AppleIntelIntegratedBuffer.kext from 10.5.8 (attached here) with Kext Helper b2 (google it)

aaand

Uploaded my chameleon bootloader to the last version. You just need to download this package and execute it.

DON'T FORGET to boot using arch=i386 (i.e. in 32 bits) sice there's no lion 64 bit kexts for our beloved gma950 and, therefore, the kext you just installed won't load if you boot in 64 bits.

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext10.5.8).zip