p5p43td and 9400, where am i going wrong...

cchance

6 posts in this topic

Well i'm completely lost

I'm trying to reinstall a PC it has ....

Pentium D processor

Asus P5P43TD Motherboard (latest bios)

Nvidia 9400 GT

4GB DDR

Tony doesn't have the DSDT for this mobo, so i went hunting and used http://www.osx86.net...us_p5p43td.html...

I ran through using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], got booted to OSX via the USB ... ran [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]...

did the changes recommended UserDSDT, FakeSMC and Plugins, IOAHCIBlock Injector, and i think if i recall correctly thats all i selected....

rebooted, osx whirling gray screen comes up and then my monitor goes off, no signal...

reboot try to load via usb again and boot that way still same thing ...

tried booting from HD 1 last time, and used -x to boot as someone recommended in a thread i was reading and it boots the same grey whirling, but instead of black screen i get a grey screen with a little crossed out monitor.

PLEASE HELP, i've tried reinstalling it like 5 times, not sure where i went wrong :(

thanks for answering so quick....

was a long day didn't even think of that, will do the install 1 more time, and do a verbose mode boot and see where its cutting out...

whats the best way to capture it, won't verbose scroll text and then go black still.... how do i get a shot of the error thats causing the issue

OK took it home and guess what, it starts up perfectly!!!!!

Back at work doesn't start...

I know what the problem is just don't know how to solve it....

When i hook up dual monitors, neither monitor displays after the inital bootup....

I tried it with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and with GraphicsEnabler=No + NvEnabler64.Kext installed....

Both result in the same thing, i start with 1 screen everything works, i plug second monitor in and click detect displays, poof black screens... unplug both screens and plug only 1 in and it comes back up....

GraphicsEnabler=Yes detects my card as a Geforce 9400GT, NVEnabler64 with GraphicsEnabler=No, comes up as Unknown Nvidia 512mb card.

PLEASE HELP, i really gotta get this working with dual monitors, everything else is working flawless but to be usefull and a replacement for windows i gotta get both screens working...

anyone got any ideas?

well i reinstalled but i keep ending up stuck in the same spot over and over, cant figure out wtf is causing the issue, happens with nvenabler and with graphicsenabler = yes ... works with 1 screen, both screens go black once second screen is connected.

as i'm a n00b don't know what else to try :( help pleaseeeeee