Sony Vaio TX610P laptop

peterd0404

2 posts in this topic

Hi All, I been trying to Hackintosh my VGN-TX610P to run OSX. I've been reading through posts and I can not figure out which OSX will support the TX610 hardware. I have tried to install using Kalyway 10.5.2, iPC 10.5.6 and iDeneb 10.5.6 without any success. iDeneb got me the furtherest. It got me to the point where it was installing the OS but on reboot. I got the gray/blue apple logo with the X. Below are the specification of the the laptop hardware:

Hardware

Processor

Intel® Centrino™ Mobile Technology Intel® Pentium® M Processor Ultra Low Voltage 753 (1.20GHz1 , 2MB L2 Cache)

Chipset

Intel® 915GMS

Integrated Wireless WAN

Integrated Wireless Wide Area Network (WAN)3 accessing

Cingular Wireless National EDGE Network with SmartWi™ technology (Wireless WAN and Wireless LAN radio do not transmit simultaneously)

Integrated Wireless LAN

Intel® PRO/ Wireless 2200BG Network Connection (802.11b/g)4

Bluetooth® Integrated Bluetooth® Technology5

LCD

11.1" WXGA display (1366x768) with XBRITE™ technology Razor-Thin Panel

Hard Drive

60GB2 (4200rpm) Ultra ATA

Memory

1.5GB PC2-3200 400MHz DDR2 (512MB x 1)

Graphics

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 900 - 128MB dynamically allocated shared RAM video memory Graphics Interface

Any information on what boot disk or OSX installation that would be compatible with my hardware would be greatly appreciated. I don't mind if I have to buy the OSX cd to load either as long as I can get this going. Thanks for reading the post. Looking forward to read the responses.