Need help and advice with first Mac OS X install

Vustom

1 post in this topic

After thinking about trying to turn my PC into a Hackintosh for several months I've finally decided that'll I'll give it my best shot.

At the moment I have 1 500GB HDD which has Ubuntu and Windows 7 installed on it, now once I install Mac OS X Lion I figure it'll break my duel-boot but there's some tutorials on what to do to fix this, so I'll follow those, but if you have a suggestion on what I should use for a multi-bootloader then please let me know.

I've done some research on my motherboard and there seems to be a few installation guides around for it; however they all seem to be outdated and are based on Snow Leopard, I've looked into Kakeway but that doesn't have my motherboard in the comparability list. I've also read some comments where a few people were able to install the retail version of a Mac OS X without having to edit anything and it worked well besides some kernel warnings.

To be honest I'm lost on what to do here, there's so many different methods on how to do this and from what I've seen so far using iATKOS L2 as a Mac OS X Lion distribution would seem to be my best option, but that's why I'm here; to get your opinion on what method I should use to install Mac OS X Lion on my PC.

I have no experience with a Mac, I've never used one, I've never tried to install one, but both Ubuntu and Windows are ugly compared to Mac, and that's the main reason why I'm wanting to start moving to a Mac.

So here's my questions for those who don't want to read the above, what Mac OS X Lion install method/distribution should I use, and what's the best multi-bootloader?

System specifications -

System Manufacturer: HP-Pavilion

System Model: GX727AA-ABG m9180a

Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz

Memory: 3070MB RAM

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 240

Monitor: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Sound: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)

File System: NTFS

Motherboard: Asus IPIBL-LB (Benicia) - G33 Chipset (More information on my Motherboard at http://h10025.www1.h...ct=3660883#N190)