External Firewire Audio Problem

xphonex

3 posts in this topic

So I've managed to install Snow Leopard 10.6.8 without ANY issues at all (except onboard audio which I do not use anyway) except I am having trouble with my external firewire audio interface.

The interface I'm using is a Mackie Onyx 1620 and the only issue I am having is that the sound occasionally skips. I'm not sure if that's the right word for it but that seems to be what it does. The song keeps playing as if there was still sound, it doesn't stop and start where it stopped, the audio just kinda cuts out for a split second every now and then.

I'm convinced it's not the firewire card (it is a generic one, not sure of the brand) or the mixer because it works completely fine on my PC with Windows 7 installed.

If anyone can give me a hand it would be amazing. This is the only problem that is hindering my ability to start my audio production career and it's really starting to annoy me.

If any more information is required, please let me know.

Regards,

phone

Did you try booting in 32bit? arch=i386

I'll give it a go, however I'm not sure I want to run in 32-bit considering my 14gb of ram. Will edit with results.

EDIT: Booting into 32-bit mode did not change anything, the problem is still occurring. Any other suggestions? I'll buy a new firewire card if there is nothing else to try.