[Asus G74Sx Laptop] Internet doesn't work and my resolution is 1024 x 768 (Lion 10.7)

GorenZ

1 post in this topic

Hello!

Recently I decided to try turning my Asus G74Sx into a Hackintosh, dual booting of course, because I always do things wrong and break my computers.

I've now got OS X working, but I cannot get my Wi-Fi to work. I've tried to google it, but without any luck, I guess I'm not looking hard enough because I'm sure one of you will find it instantly.. :) I also tried the Network Diagnostics, but it failed and tells me to contact my ISP.

My monitors native resolution is 1920x1080, but in OS X it's stuck at 1024x768. I know this is something that usually happens (I think), but I can't seem to find a way to fix it.

Specs:

Processor: Intel Core i7-2630QM

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560m 3GB Vram

Ram: 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3

HDD: 2x 500GB 7200rpm mechanical

More specs

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but if I'm wrong please yell at me.. :P

Hope to get an answer asap! :)

EDIT:

I don't think I will be able to answer any questions about the software that I used, but here are two links to the tutorials I followed. They both have download links in the description.

I installed Lion 10.7 to my USB through VMware running SL 10.6 :)