ZOTAC GF9300 K-E LBA775 DDR3

Markss9876

1 post in this topic

Hello All -

I have seen other posts regarding the Zotac, however my problem seems even more fundamental than just needing a great working DSDT (which I need as well).

I have tried the following USB OS X loaders on my Zotac above, however they all crash as the grey apple screen, with the little spinning black lines, is doing its thing. I have tried the following USB Loaders to no avail (all of which work on my GA-EP45-UD3P):

1. Lifehacker-Stellarola v3 Snow Leopard USB Installer

2. Kakewalk LION 4.1.1 USB Installer

3. TonyMacx86 LION X.7.1 [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] Vanilla USB Installer

4. Even the TonyMac i-Boot and r-Boot CD-ROMs crash at the same startup point.

5. I have even setup the hard drive in my GA-EP45-UD3P using the above loaders, and transplated it into the Zotac system. The crash is the same.

I have set the major BIOS settings for basic MAC compatibility, such as ACHI - ENABLE and QUICK BOOT - DISABLE.

Since all hardware is already built into the Zotac (other than the Intel Core 2 CPU and the 8GB DDR3), then I would assume that since others seem able to get this board to boot, the problem must reside either in my BIOS settings or the Bootloader.

The BIOS for version K-E (2K100324A) has a million things that I've never seen before, and doesn't conform to the BIOS that I see frequently on the web for Zotac boards that seems to be based on a 2009 GUIDE on InsanelyMac.

Would anyone with a working system using the K-E Motherboard feel like grabbing some screenshots of any BIOS settings changed from the Default and posting them for download ??? It would be a real help, I imagine, to a lot of frustrated Zotac fans.

And I have read that the typical Chameleon Bootloader may not work with Zotac. Is the Dr. Hurt Bootloader the only one that does? And is there a way to utilize it to create a USB Installer that will not require Terminal work, such as the ones that I have described?

Thanks. Replys are very much appreciated. Mark.

BTW - All 3 USB OS X Installers above are incredibly easy to create, with no Terminal work involved at all. They make installing OS X as easy as on a MAC, (on my Gigabyte system, anyway).

The TonyMac [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] loader will install a Vanilla version of LION, (which can then have a DSDT added by using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]).

The Kakewalk app (at www.kakewalk.se ) (v-3.1 for OS X.6 or v-4.1 for OS X.7) is the absolute simplest USB Installer to make --- though right now for Gigabyte motherboards only (a menu asks where the OS X DVD, the Kakewalk app and the USB Drive are found on your drives, asks the user to select the model Gigabyte Motherboard from a drop menu, and then Kakewalk does absolutely everything else), and

the Lifehacker V3 was the first Snow Leopard Installer to make it simple-enough for even a noob like me to get up and running OOTB onto a GA-EP45-UD3x.