Kernel Panic when booting Lion on P8P67 Pro (SOLVED)

Costanegra

5 posts in this topic

Hello.

I followed Andy's method to install Lion on one of my drives. Everything worked out fine until I started to install apps and copy my files to the new drive. The problem started as a random kernel panic when booting into Lion from Chameleon. A simple restart (sometimes twice) would "fix" the problem and I would boot into Lion. However, a couple of days ago this problem stopped being random and became constant, and restarting would not fix anything. I get this kernen panic (which I have no idea what is means) each time I try to boot into Lion:

WziPu.jpg

I have two separate drives on my machine, one with SL and one with Lion. I can boot into SL with no problem whatsoever. It's only the Lion drive that's causing my problem. There are currently two ways I can boot into Lion:

1.- Booting into SL, running Andy's P8P67 Pro Install Package and installing to Lion drive, rebooting into Lion.

2.- Booting into Single User mode from Chameleon.

In both cases, the problem comes up again after a shut down or restart.

Just for the sake of it, here are my boot.plist for both SL and Lion:

BBj3Q.jpg VS. LION pnH5b.jpg

If any of you guys have any thoughts or suggestions, please share. If you need more info on my part, just ask. Thank you in advance.

UPDATE: I did a test and changed GraphicsEnabler to No on my Lion boot.plist, and I was able to boot with no problem. Could this mean that the problem might be with the ATI kexts or any other graphics drivers or kexts?

UPDATE 2: Everything points to a problem with GraphicsEnabler=Yes. If GE=Yes, then I get kernel panic. If GE=No, I can boot ok.

2 weird things have happened: After reading lots of other threads, I decided to test a few boot flags on Chameleon:

1.- GE=Yes, AtiConfig=Hydrilla

RESULT --> One-time lucky boot. I got DVD Player working and graphics card was showing correctly. Changed boot.plist with these settings, but after a reboot, I got the same kernel panic. Kept trying with different framebuffers, but nothing worked.

2.- PCIRootUID=0, GE=Yes, AC= Duckweed

RESULT --> Another one-time lucky boot. DVD Player was working and graphics card was recognized correctly. Changed boot.plist with these settings, but got same KP after I restarted.

Please, if anyone have any suggestions, let me know. This situation is becoming very frustrating.