Alienware hackintosh?

Alienbook Pro14x

6 posts in this topic

Will I be able to run osx lion fully funtioning with these specs?

Intel i7 Processor

Intel HM67 Chipset

Soundblaster X-Fi Audio

Dell DW1510 Wifi Card

3-Finger Synaptics touchpad

2x usb 3.0 ports

1x usb 2.0 port

nVidia GeForce graphics

4GB DDR3 ram

Will everything work?

The Nvidia gfx and WiFi, might not work.. HM67 chipset similar to the MBP 2011.. So i guess overall it might work. But you're stuck to Intel HD 3000 =X

The Nvidia gfx and WiFi, might not work.. HM67 chipset similar to the MBP 2011.. So i guess overall it might work. But you're stuck to Intel HD 3000 =X

I replaced the wifi in order to make it work, as i have read it is a card that is mac compatible. I also heard that the GeForce graphics may work with graphicsenabler=yes, but i may be wrong. The new MBP's run GeForce as well.

I replaced the wifi in order to make it work, as i have read it is a card that is mac compatible. I also heard that the GeForce graphics may work with graphicsenabler=yes, but i may be wrong. The new MBP's run GeForce as well.

Apple officially supports Nvidia GT320m and 330m and below. (9400m, 9600GT and others) Other then that, Nvidia 400 and 500 series doesnt work.. M14X uses Nvidia 555M series, so no, its not supported. Anyway.. you still can use the HD 3000, by using MacBookPro8,1 smbios.plist.

Apple officially supports Nvidia GT320m and 330m and below. (9400m, 9600GT and others) Other then that, Nvidia 400 and 500 series doesnt work.. M14X uses Nvidia 555M series, so no, its not supported. Anyway.. you still can use the HD 3000, by using MacBookPro8,1 smbios.plist.

oh well... thanks for the explanation!