• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
LiveLife

How to turn a Website into a Mac Application

1 post in this topic

Hello,

I'm new here and I'm quite newbie with xCode. Never coded anything in it before and the only reason I need it is because I got a Web Application and I would like to suggest my website visitors to download it so they'll have it as a Mac Application. Like the application Mozilla Prism or Fluid do ( They turn Web Apps into a Mac Application ). The reason I cannot use Fluid or Prism is because the visitors might need to get both applications ( Mine made with Fluid/Prism and Prism/Fluid itself ) and I would like to make it just a standalone application.

People have already suggested me on other forums and such to use WebKit, but as I've said before I really has no knowledge in xCode or what WebKit is.

I was wondering if anyone can guide me step by step how to do such thing. All I want is a Mac Application which will open a Window and will show a website in it. I know it should be very simple to be made.

Thank you very much for all helpers!