Planned P5Q SE2 P45 Build - extra options?

blackiceuk

2 posts in this topic

Hi

I'm looking to replace my Mac Mini with a P5Q SE2 P45 build. Now it suggests that it needs one of the recommended DVD burner. Is this purely so OSX 10.6 can see it?

I'm using a full sized ext burner on Mac Mini at the moment and besides not being able to burn directly from iMovie and iDVD it works fine with toast. So will just swap it out.

As I work with with a Canon 5mkii I want to work with its video at 1080p video. Any other recommended cards?

On a different note - my mac Mini's beeping ever few min- any ideas? I read it could be a 10$ battery or a HDD warning. Verified OK in HDD tools.

Cheers

Mark

Hi

Checked with a friend and going for the ASUS P5Q board and Core 2 Quad 8440. Here its all laid out on amazon wish list:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/registry/wishlist/...m_wl_rlist_go_o

Any comments?

M

Hi

I'm looking to replace my Mac Mini with a P5Q SE2 P45 build. Now it suggests that it needs one of the recommended DVD burner. Is this purely so OSX 10.6 can see it?

I'm using a full sized ext burner on Mac Mini at the moment and besides not being able to burn directly from iMovie and iDVD it works fine with toast. So will just swap it out.

As I work with with a Canon 5mkii I want to work with its video at 1080p video. Any other recommended cards?

On a different note - my mac Mini's beeping ever few min- any ideas? I read it could be a 10$ battery or a HDD warning. Verified OK in HDD tools.

Cheers

Mark