Help me understand my own wi-fi card troubleshooting

raulerazo

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I installed Snow leopard (10.6) on my s10e lenovo, and it was a success, only missing thing is the camera but I don't really care about it.

after that I installed the same copy of snow leopard on my Acer 532h, but the wifi-card doesn't work, I know it is because of the Atheros ar9285 wi-fi card, at least I thought that was the problem.

First thing I tried was to test the woking wi-fi card from my s10e Lenovo hackintosh on my acer, in theory, if the problem was the w-fi card I thought that would work , but it didn't.

But then I decided to test the hard drive of my acer, in my Lenovo and and the wi-fi didn't work, I mean both installs were made with the same copy of S.L, why wouldn't it work if the problem is the hardware, I need to understand that in order to keep trying to solve the acer issue.

Any ideas?

Hello everyone,

I installed Snow leopard (10.6) on my s10e lenovo, and it was a success, only missing thing is the camera but I don't really care about it.

after that I installed the same copy of snow leopard on my Acer 532h, but the wifi-card doesn't work, I know it is because of the Atheros ar9285 wi-fi card, at least I thought that was the problem.

First thing I tried was to test the woking wi-fi card from my s10e Lenovo hackintosh on my acer, in theory, if the problem was the w-fi card I thought that would work , but it didn't.

But then I decided to test the hard drive of my acer, in my Lenovo and and the wi-fi didn't work, I mean both installs were made with the same copy of S.L, why wouldn't it work if the problem is the hardware, I need to understand that in order to keep trying to solve the acer issue.

Any ideas?

Interesting....try reinstalling. Even with the same OS disc, not every installation is created equal...weird, I know. It also might be the bus of you card, or chipset issues, but I also have an Broadcom/Atheros wireless enabler here. You can try that and see what happens.

Interesting....try reinstalling. Even with the same OS disc, not every installation is created equal...weird, I know. It also might be the bus of you card, or chipset issues, but I also have an Broadcom/Atheros wireless enabler here. You can try that and see what happens.

Thanks pal, I reinstalled on my acer but this time with the wi-fi card from my lenovo inside from the begining of the process and now it works.

finally wi-fi on my acer 532h hackintosh.