[Solved] SN in smbios.plist

Biso007

5 posts in this topic

I noticed that no matter I change the SN in smbios.plist file to access iCloud, the SN shown in system profile is not changed as if it's read from NVram (see attached image).

I checked the booting log and noticed it's passed correctly from smbios file

Type: 1, Length: 27, Handle: 0xb
SystemInformation:
manufacturer: Apple Inc.
productName: MacBookPro5,5
version: 1.47f2
serialNumber: [color="#FF0000"][b]UV01557566D[/b][/color]
uuid: D6069BF8-04D6-DD11-8073-48427F1938E3
wakeupReason: 0x6
skuNumber: FH006AW#ABV
family: MacBook Pro

I 'm using HP 6730b laptop with lion 10.7.2.

any ideas ?

Edit: the problem turned to be the smbiosresolver.kext which has a sub-section called "Override" that has some values seems to override the smbios.plist values.

Removing this kext made everything including iCloud to work fine! :)

post-512311-1321365932_thumb.png

I noticed that no matter I change the SN in smbios.plist file to access iCloud, the SN shown in system profile is not changed as if it's read from NVram (see attached image).

I checked the booting log and noticed it's passed correctly from smbios file

Type: 1, Length: 27, Handle: 0xb
SystemInformation:
manufacturer: Apple Inc.
productName: MacBookPro5,5
version: 1.47f2
serialNumber: [color="#FF0000"][b]UV01557566D[/b][/color]
uuid: D6069BF8-04D6-DD11-8073-48427F1938E3
wakeupReason: 0x6
skuNumber: FH006AW#ABV
family: MacBook Pro

I 'm using HP 6730b laptop with lion 10.7.2.

any ideas ?

TIA

Hi again,

As you know I'm with the same laptop and same 10.7.2 release. What is your installed chameleon version? I think there was some iCloud patch in the latest chameleon versions. Mine is 2.1svn r1684 and iCloud seems to work without issues. Try to install the latest chameleon and if this didn't help try to change your system from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to mac pro 3.1

Regards,

Hi again,

As you know I'm with the same laptop and same 10.7.2 release. What is your installed chameleon version? I think there was some iCloud patch in the latest chameleon versions. Mine is 2.1svn r1684 and iCloud seems to work without issues. Try to install the latest chameleon and if this didn't help try to change your system from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to mac pro 3.1

Regards,

I'm using r1684 too ... do you have the same SN in both smbios and "About This Mac .." ?

Hi all ...

After checking with someone has the same laptop, the only difference I could identify is that I used GM version for Lion deployment while he used a retail version.

Is there any possibility that the GM version has an embedded fixed SN stored somewhere and not updated by the SW updates ?