GA-EX58-UD5 Audio Issues with 10.6.8 update

letsgetsilly

1 post in this topic

Hello all,

I’ve built a Hackintosh on the Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 motherboard for my brother to use as his home video / audio recording and editing machine. Everything was working great until he upgraded to 10.6.8 when his sound went out.

We upgraded the kexts in order to sort of fix his issue, but the result was a hissing sound when he played back music. Also his mic input stopped functioning.

I purchased a USB audio stick to temporarily circumvent the issue, but now it turns out there is a slight audio delay when he listens to music through the USB stick. So, when he’s attempting to record multi layered tracks and play along to his previous track, it won’t work because the audio coming through his headphones does not reflect where the digital recording is playing in Garage band.

I’m interested in fixing this problem once and for all, and I have my eyes set on upgrading his setup to include something from M-Audio, such as an M-Audio Fast Track.

I’d like to hear from other recording artists and hackintosh users regarding compatibility and which model would work the best for this scenario. I don’t record myself, and my brother has been making due with a 3.5mm input jack for recording, so he doesn’t know what he’s missing.

There’s the M-Audio Fast Track USB, Standard, Ultra, and Pro. I’d like to get away with something in the $100 range, but I don’t want to sacrifice “critical” features. I just don’t know what those features are.

Also, obviously and most important, I need to get around the audio delay issue that occurs with the USB sound card that he currently is using.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!