First timer working on a new 10.4.6 JaS HELP!

Doodiehead

7 posts in this topic

Hello all, I've been trying (unsuccessfully) for a couple of days now to get 10.4.6 JaS working on my systems.

Specs are

Pentium 805D (2.66ghz DUAL)

2GB Patriot 7200 DDR2 5-5-5-12

Nvidia 7900GT PCIe

ABIT aw8d 975x motherboard

Seagate 300GB IDE HD (also have a 200GB maxtor SataII drive, but I'm just running the 300 for the moment)

Plextor 716SA SATA DVD burner

I've tried to install with the -v and sit there and watch (it takes AGES and I'm not sure that there is an error, but it never gets there).

HELP! I wanna get this done, but it's taking forever and I don't even know if there IS AN error, but I never see the installer. With these systems specs shouldn't I get to the installer quick?

Thanks for all the help, gimmie some options!

Doodie :hysterical::D

I've tried to install with the -v and sit there and watch (it takes AGES and I'm not sure that there is an error, but it never gets there).

HELP! I wanna get this done, but it's taking forever and I don't even know if there IS AN error, but I never see the installer. With these systems specs shouldn't I get to the installer quick?

Thanks for all the help, gimmie some options!

You haven't given anything for a person to work with.

Even if you don't know if there is an error in the boot messages, maybe someone else does. How about sharing them?

OK, sorry for the lack of information, but I actually got it working!

The b0 error really killed me, but Hiren's got it done! WOHOO!

I love it.

HOWEVER! I need to know how to get the Nvidia drivers working, sound and the network drivers! I'm a total noob for this stuff.

Thanks for all the help, feels great to actually be USING the mac... now onto the drivers....

Oh yeah, it was the fact that the installer was sooooo slow that got me, guess I was just impatient

:blink::D

HI everyone

I have tried to install 10.4.6 JaS, but everytime it start it frezes on the apple grey screen, so there ius no spinning wheel either. i have taken a screen shot with a cam, to see if i could get some help from you guys. Maybe you already come across to this.

Cheers

Can you contact me on vitorneto@gmail.com

Many many many thanks in advancepost-55331-1157963237_thumb.jpg

I need to know how to get the Nvidia drivers working, sound and the network drivers! I'm a total noob for this stuff.

For the Nvidia drivers, go to http://macvidia.starchaser.org

For the sound and network, you again need to share with the group and tell us the details of these devices.

i could get some help from you guys.

Give some details of your computer - motherboard, processor, chipset, etc.

I've put my specs in my signature now (slowly getting there, I promise) I managed to install the macvidia drivers, but POOF I now get "out of range" errors. I've tried teh "graphics mode"="blah blah" at all my resolutions... but no luck

I appreciate the help! Looking forward to getting this running!