Boot problem

IIMorphII

3 posts in this topic

I've just Mac OS X X86 10.4.6 "succesfully". But if i try to boot i can wait about 10 secconds until it boots or i can press a key and press enter and let it boot then. Both of them don't really work. I get first just a black screen with more and more sentences on it (i think it's loading then) and after all the rows i get an black screen for an couple of minutes, after the black screen it reboot my pc! Anyone know what the problem is and/or how to fix it

btw: at the installation i've chosen "costumize" and then i clicked at "X11" and that other one (somthing like "SammZy intel Patches + blablabla" or something... it also installed some amd patches but i don't have amd... don't know if that's a problem...

I've just Mac OS X X86 10.4.6 "succesfully". But if i try to boot i can wait about 10 secconds until it boots or i can press a key and press enter and let it boot then. Both of them don't really work. I get first just a black screen with more and more sentences on it (i think it's loading then) and after all the rows i get an black screen for an couple of minutes, after the black screen it reboot my pc! Anyone know what the problem is and/or how to fix it

btw: at the installation i've chosen "costumize" and then i clicked at "X11" and that other one (somthing like "SammZy intel Patches + blablabla" or something... it also installed some amd patches but i don't have amd... don't know if that's a problem...

There is a little arrow to the left of the patches category. You have to click that to reveal the individual packages. Select only Intel, not AMD. Select SSE2 or SSE3, not both, depending upon the capability of your processor. Select the combo update if you want to end up with 10.4.6

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ost&id=4249