PNY Nvidia Geforce 9400 GT Kext Trouble

Akupara

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys I'm having trouble changing my resolution with my card and the kexts I've been using seem to make no difference regardless anyone have a link to the EFI String or even the correct kext? I'm using iAtkos S3 v2 10.6.8 SL Mach Kernel and using a ASUS P5B-V Motherboard everything works great but the GPU Seems to not have QE and ability to change the resolution.

• 2 weeks later...

After several attempts and my two HDDs dying I dusted off a 160gb and threw that in but install Chameleon RC5 which works if I use boot flags "-f -32 GraphicsEnabler=Yes" the DVI adapter did wonders I can't get QE working even with osx86tools, so I don't mess it up is there a way I can change the com.apple.plist so I don't have to boot and type commands in without messing up the install?

After several attempts and my two HDDs dying I dusted off a 160gb and threw that in but install Chameleon RC5 which works if I use boot flags "-f -32 GraphicsEnabler=Yes" the DVI adapter did wonders I can't get QE working even with osx86tools, so I don't mess it up is there a way I can change the com.apple.plist so I don't have to boot and type commands in without messing up the install?

Changing the com.apple.plist?

I believe you mean the org.chameleon.boot.plist?

If so, open the org.chameleon.boot.plist file, and locate:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>

Don't continue if there's something between the <string> and </string>!

Change that to:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-f</string>

To add GraphicsEnabler=Yes, add the following to the file:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

And for -32, I don't really understand what you mean :S

I don't think -32 is a valid boot option either.

If you want to boot in 32-bit mode, you need to add arch=i386 to the Kernel Flags, like so:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-f arch=i386</string>

If all this worked, QE/CI should work and you should have an optimal resolution without additional kexts nor osx86tools.

I have had this issue too, with the graphics (see topic) :)