iATKOS not booting up after installation...Nvidia GT240

WebBuilder

6 posts in this topic

Installed iATKOS s3 v2 but its not booting up from HDD

I have tried IDE/SATA for AHCI mode, i have tried flags -f -x "Graphics Mode"="1024x768x32" cpus=1 busratio=20 , but it just doesnt boot up after installation

i used busratio=20 -legacy cpus=1 to boot from the DVD in the first place...

i can see the boot screen with the silver apple on it but the system is restarted instantaneously....

I have a Samsung 22" monitor and Nvidia GT240/core i3 540 on a H55M-D2H.

I know this config is compatible because i have leopard (iATKOS 5i) installed on it already.

Also, if it helps, my Nvidia 1GB card is detected as 14MB VESA (Nvidia) by chamaleon RC5..

Please suggest a good config for my hardware.

-------------------------------update---------------------------

Now the HDD boots up but no matter whatever boot flags i enable, the screen flashes and system restarts when it says:

Leaving ACPI 'something'....

Starting Darwin x86_64

Any help is much appreciated...thanks

Gigabyte GA- H55M-D2H

Intel core i3-540

Corsair 4GB 1600 Mhz

Nvidia GeForce GT240 1GB DDR5

WD Cavair Blue 500GB

Coolermaster cabinet and power supply 460W

Installed iATKOS s3 v2 but its not booting up from HDD

I have tried IDE/SATA for AHCI mode, i have tried flags -f -x "Graphics Mode"="1024x768x32" cpus=1 busratio=20 , but it just doesnt boot up after installation

i used busratio=20 -legacy cpus=1 to boot from the DVD in the first place...

i can see the boot screen with the silver apple on it but the system is restarted instantaneously....

I have a Samsung 22" monitor and Nvidia GT240/core i3 540 on a H55M-D2H.

I know this config is compatible because i have leopard (iATKOS 5i) installed on it already.

Also, if it helps, my Nvidia 1GB card is detected as 14MB VESA (Nvidia) by chamaleon RC5..

Please suggest a good config for my hardware.

-------------------------------update---------------------------

Now the HDD boots up but no matter whatever boot flags i enable, the screen flashes and system restarts when it says:

Leaving ACPI 'something'....

Starting Darwin x86_64

Any help is much appreciated...thanks

Gigabyte GA- H55M-D2H

Intel core i3-540

Corsair 4GB 1600 Mhz

Nvidia GeForce GT240 1GB DDR5

WD Cavair Blue 500GB

Coolermaster cabinet and power supply 460W

Managed to get the graphics working(booted from CD after install) and used IATKOS tools to install drivers. Sound/bootloader is not working yet....will update soon when its done

Managed to get the graphics working(booted from CD after install) and used IATKOS tools to install drivers. Sound/bootloader is not working yet....will update soon when its done

Got the bootloader working after installing SL on another drive. :( . Couldnt get it working by installing chamaleon manually. I have a triple boot system now.

Sound is not working yet.. Will find the fix through hit and trial and will update soon.

Got the bootloader working after installing SL on another drive. :D . Couldnt get it working by installing chamaleon manually. I have a triple boot system now.

Sound is not working yet.. Will find the fix through hit and trial and will update soon.

Finally, got the sound working without a glitch by using the patched Voodoo kext from here:

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=355

Now my iATKOS S3 v2 is finally fully working with windows7 as the other OS.

In case somebody with similar hardware is unable to install iATKOS S3 v2.....queries or comments are welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

hi men i have the same problen whit the restarts after install whit iatkos s3 v2

could you explain how exactly did you get it working, any idea?

i have an

i5 650 3.2 dual core

NVIDIA GeForce GT 240, 1GB DDR3

ADATA Gaming 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3

GA-P55A-UD3P

HDD 320gb sata

THANKS

hi men i have the same problen whit the restarts after install whit iatkos s3 v2

could you explain how exactly did you get it working, any idea?

i have an

i5 650 3.2 dual core

NVIDIA GeForce GT 240, 1GB DDR3

ADATA Gaming 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3

GA-P55A-UD3P

HDD 320gb sata

THANKS

Hi

Use custom kernel(the first one in the list) and use graphics enabler. In case you do not get full resolution, use an EFI tool to insert the graphics string for the graphics card 9800GT which also works for GT240! For sound get the voodoo kext from the link mentioned in my earlier post and install it. Everything should be working...