ALC889 sound stutter problem

MacFaulty

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a little problem with my sound.

You guys must get tired of all this voodooHDA, AppleHDA stuff, but I did my research and tried different solutions, but they just do not work :-(

Here are my specs:

AMD Phenom II X4 945 @ 3Ghz (not O/C)

Gigabyte GA-870A-USB3 (Realtek ALC889 Audio Codec)

ATi Radeon HD4850 512MB Memory

My Problem:

My hackintosh is almost fully operational, all things (video etc.) work perfect except the sound :-(

I have installed VoodooHDA 2.7.2 (the pkg file with prefpane) and plugged my 2.1 speakers in the front and Hey, I got audio :-) BUT, after a few seconds the sound starts to stutter a little bit, it starts playing and then so now and then it stutters like trrrrr and goes further with the sound, if you had a discman and you would shake with it, well that's exactly the same sound, but it is irritating me.

I already tried SSE2 and Enhance Stereo in the prefpane, but didn't work.

I also read on this forum that there is a solution with AppleHDA.kext, HDAEnabler.kext and ALC8xx.kext.

Neither of this solution work for me.

My question:

Does anybody know how I can get rid of this stutter?

If you need anything, just shout/post/pm, whatever suits you best :-)

Kind Regards,

Wcool

EDIT: SOLVED! Repaired Permissions again, rebooted for the 3rd time and crackling / stutter is gone. Just to eliminate anything I set the Frequency of my Soundcard a bit lower (even lower than I did in the first place).

So no help needed anymore, but if anybody has the same issue, he/she may have some help of this ;-)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...