Losing my mind with 10.4.7 and hp 1315 printer

TJune

4 posts in this topic

I am totally stumped: I've read every post about problems printing with hp printers after installing Tiger, and have tried all the suggestions (verify permissions, uninstall and reinstall software, get updates, etc). The device is being recognized, I can delete and add the printer in print center, test page prints, everything seeems fine but when I try to print something -- nothing happens. This is from Word, Netscape, .jpg, any file. No print que, no error message, no nuthin'. Then, last night I downloaded Apple's 10.4.7 update for PPC but was unable to install it. About half-way through I get an error msg that it can't be installed. Then I tried fixin' permissions in Utilities but halfway through that it gets stuck and stops. Anyone have an idea??

Tanya in Atlanta (tcassin@emory.edu)

my hp printer worked after i downloaded the driver from hp.com. look for mac drivers there.

Unfortunately the situation has become much worse. I downloaded an update for OS 10.4.7 for PPC (I'm on an iMac G4 PPC); the update installed smoothly but when I restarted I got a black screen asking for login and commands. I logged in with my user name and password and then it said Welcome to Darwin. I went online and got some suggestions to get out of this but none of them worked. I turned the machine off and restarted and now it goes through the same motions (blue screen up to normal-looking log-in for multiple users) but then reverts to the black screen and the "Darwin" bit. Touching any key then sends it to a blue screen with the little wheel spinning. It stays stuck that way (9 hours so far). I do not have the original CD for the iMac so can't start from CD.

Any suggestions??