AMD User Needs HELP!

hertz2006

2 posts in this topic

Hi!

Sorry for my english - my native language is russian...

Here is my problem:

I've got a config as in my signature.

Installed JaS 10.4.7 dmg version. Customized with amd patches and viaata patch.

After install i used 10.4.7 amd update with senjaza decrypts.

Network started with forcedeth. Video - with macvidea drivers.

All seems ok - very stable. But i got annoying freezes all the time... I cant listen to mp3's - they stops every 3 secs (even graphichs in quicktime stops). I cant play in logic with my midi keyboard - i got sound stops and graphics stops. Even now i dont see what i type - only few seconds after :( I cant scroll anything and i cant move windows - they freezes and after that moves with mad speed.

I tried to disable 1 core with cpus=1 - my system halted at boot with blue screen (with -v it showed something like "bonjour unknown error 0". And with cpu=1 i see two processor lines during boot wih "=enabled" in both of them...

idlehalt=0 dont help ;)

I dont know what to do :( I cant do anything with that freezes.

If there is any patched kernel for amd which works good - please PM me... Ill better use SSE3 with 1 core - just tell me how to do it if "cpus=1" isnt working...

Thank you!

Ill wait for solution!

P.S. i found that on some russian forum that myzar has compiled his first 10.4.7 kernel for amd64 is that truth?

ok, i made it myself...

for others wuth same problem - 10.4.7 jas has some strange kernel.

i found other kernel in the "reboot" thread. after installing it i can use cpus=1. i dont have any lags anymore... system works fast as hell.

only problem is shut down then rebooting :gathering: but i can live with it :happymac: