945GM Toshiba R25, couple problems

zoink

13 posts in this topic

As stated in the title i have a Toshiba R25 (tablet) and it has the 945GM chipset.

I installed OSX86 10.4.6 without any problems, but now that it is installed i'm having a problem with my internet and my audio. The adapter is an intel pro/100 VE and teh audio chipset is ALC2026. I have tried adding 0x10928086 (applies to my device) to the AppleIntel8255x.kext but when i try to use kextload it says this

kevin-bs-computer:~ kevinb$ sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleIntel8255x.kext

10Intel82557 is not compatible with its superclass, 20IOEthernetController superclass changed?

kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleIntel8255x.kext

load failed for extension /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleIntel8255x.kext

(run kextload with -t for diagnostic output)

kevin-bs-computer:~ kevinb$ sudo kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleIntel8255x.kext

can't add kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleIntel8255x.kext (validation error) (run kextload on this kext with -t for diagnostic output)

kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleIntel8255x.kext has problems:

Validation failures

{

"Executable file doesn't contain kernel extension code" = true

}

I have no clue what i should do to get the audio working, the only guides i have seen are for ALC8** audio.

Also, now that i think about it...i saw some info pertaining to tablets, is there a way to get my tablet functions to work on OSX86?

audio chipset is ALC2026

Google returns no results for ALC2026.

In another post, you said the audio was "Realtek ALC262". You are only the 3rd person on the whole board to mention having this chipset and I see no posted solutions.

There are two chips involved in producing sound, the codec and the controller.

Your codec is the Realtek ALC262 (vendor id=10ec ; device id=0262)

The controller chip you will have to look up. There might be a remote chance to get the AppleAC97.kext to produce your sound (but I'm dubious). To get the vendor/device id's of the controller chip:

Go into Windows' Device Manager.

In Device Manager, go to "System devices". Find "Microsoft UAA Bus Driver For High Definition Audio"and get Properties. Then click the Details tab and get the vendor and device ids.

It will look something like this: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ost&id=4505

You can try this:

Drag a copy of /System/Libarary/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext to the Desktop for safe-keeping.

Follow this guide: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=18642 except the first time, do not delete AppleHDA.kext in step 1.

If that doesn't work, try repeating steps 1, 3, 4, but go ahead and delete AppleHDA.kext

If that doesn't work, you can restore AppleHDA.kext

Drag it from the Desktop back to /System/Library/Extensions

Delete the files /System/Library/Extensions.mkext and /System/Library.kextcache

Run Disk Utility and repair permissions on your partition

Reboot

I guess i already followed that guide at one point, everything was already edited...but i had deleted the applehda.kext, so i replaced it using pacifist then rebooted. It still doesn't work, so i'm guessing that means my device isn't supported?

If you feel like playing, you can add 0x10ec0262 to this file: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/Info.plist and 0x27d88086 to this file: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAC97AudioIntelICH.kext/Contents/Info.plist (make any guess as to which location in that file, but only put it one place at a time)

Don't forget that when you mess with kexts, you should always

Delete the files /System/Library/Extensions.mkext and /System/Library.kextcache

Run Disk Utility and repair permissions on your partition

Reboot

Well i tried your suggestion, and i can't get any of them to work...i tried it with and without the AppleHDA.kext on my machine also. If you have any other ideas i'd be willing to try them...or even better would be to get the pcmcia card to work...

• 1 month later...