Asrock A330ION

Dave Bruce

4 posts in this topic

Hi, there is anybody successfully install LION on AsRock A330ION Motherboards ?

I load the USB Lion GM modified-to-work in my motherboard, and at the end of the kernel chargin, i reset and restart computer without messages ok KP ...

I've inserted the Atom_kernel for Lion 10.7.1 and DSDT.aml SMBios.plist for SnowLeopard in the right path.

Any good install by anybody ?!? Thanks

I load the USB Lion GM modified-to-work in my motherboard, and at the end of the kernel chargin, i reset and restart computer without messages ok KP ...

I've inserted the Atom_kernel for Lion 10.7.1 and DSDT.aml SMBios.plist for SnowLeopard in the right path.

Asus 1201N use same CPU and same shipset, you should take a look on our setup and kernel.

topic : 1729986

Hello. I have it working. (Well, not QE, yet. That's a current goal. But, I foresee it happening soon.)

You should go here and follow these instructions:

https://sites.google.com/site/nozyczek/home...otac-ionitx-a-e

Further, you should also take the DSDT from your motherboard and apply similar patches to it as the dsdt the person there is using.

Lion works fairly well though!

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I've also a A330ION motherboard, with 4GB of ram. I followed your advice to do the nozyczek-method (after trying iatkos l1 with many different boot flags combinations: npci, usbfix, graphics enabler, PCIRootUID, i386, ....

During the Boot of the Install, the system freeze at the gray apple logo. After I tried in verbose, it ends with a kext from apple to define the serial port. I disabled my serial port in the Bios, it went farther, now it hangs on FakeSMCDevices Keys 17 added (same problem with iatkos)...

What are your Bios settings? Did you changed something to the Kexts? ... or some other special ingredients? What about the 9400M, is it now fully supported, QE/CI?

Thank you for your interest, and a happy weekend!

greetings from luxembourg!