P8P67 shutdown with unwanted poweron

Memphiz

37 posts in this topic

First of all sorry for my bad English.

I've got the same problem with two machines on P8P67 rev.3.1. I solved this trouble by removing USB3.0 LaCie driver that I've installed before - PXHCD.kext. This kext is working fine on P8P67 rev.3.0 and has some problems with power management on rev.3.1. I've tried to use also PXHCD from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] installer package (it has some differences), but still had unwanted power-on. And without PXHCD.kext all working fine even sleep (with PXHCD computer goes to sleep only from second attempt).

• Like 1

First of all sorry for my bad English.

I've got the same problem with two machines on P8P67 rev.3.1. I solved this trouble by removing USB3.0 LaCie driver that I've installed before - PXHCD.kext. This kext is working fine on P8P67 rev.3.0 and has some problems with power management on rev.3.1. I've tried to use also PXHCD from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] installer package (it has some differences), but still had unwanted power-on. And without PXHCD.kext all working fine even sleep (with PXHCD computer goes to sleep only from second attempt).

I can confirm, that removing the PXHCD.kext extensions solves this problem for me. Great news! Thx for finding this out :huh:

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys, p8p67 le user here too. Having the same shutdown issue, gonna try removing that kext. Good news indeed.

On a side note did you patched the bios to have speedstep natively? (without the need to patch AICPUPM.kex). Either way do you have in verbose mode

12/4/11 7:04:40.000 PM kernel: ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::pushCPU_CSTData - _CST evaluation failed[/left]

12/4/11 7:04:40.000 PM kernel: DSMOS has arrived
12/4/11 7:04:40.000 PM kernel: ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::pushCPU_CSTData - _CST evaluation failed
12/4/11 7:04:40.000 PM kernel: ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized
[/codeBOX]

[left][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000]Also I had to add the processor scope to the dsdt, didnt have it by default and therefore C & P states were not generated by chameleon.[/color][/font][/size][/left]

Hi guys, p8p67 le user here too. Having the same shutdown issue, gonna try removing that kext. Good news indeed.

On a side note did you patched the bios to have speedstep natively? (without the need to patch AICPUPM.kex). Either way do you have in verbose mode

12/4/11 7:04:40.000 PM kernel: ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::pushCPU_CSTData - _CST evaluation failed[/left]

12/4/11 7:04:40.000 PM kernel: DSMOS has arrived
12/4/11 7:04:40.000 PM kernel: ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::pushCPU_CSTData - _CST evaluation failed
12/4/11 7:04:40.000 PM kernel: ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized
[/codeBOX]

[left][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#000000]Also I had to add the processor scope to the dsdt, didnt have it by default and therefore C & P states were not generated by chameleon.[/color][/font][/size][/left]

I'm using a patched bios and stock AICPUPM.kext. I don't get that error messages (DSMOS has arrived - is a message which is normal though). I also needed to add the processor scopes to the dst, but i don't use pregenerated C & P states but a custom ssdt.aml afair ...

• 6 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/24/2018 at 12:56 AM, bobpedro2 said:

I am having the same issue with my Hackintosh running High Sierra on P8P67 Pro Rev3.0. Has anyone another solution than removing PXHCD.kext as I don't have it in my extensions folder.

Solved it by deactivating "FixShutdown" in Clover settings "Acpi"->"DSDT"->"Fixes". Found the solution here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-shutdown-and-after-restart-asrock-z97-extreme-6.247353/#post-1706656

• 2 months later...

Now after activating USB3 using GenericUSBXHCI.kext the unwanted reboot is back again. I opened an issue in RehabMan's repo, but got the answer that no one is maintaining the kext: Link.

This is sad, as USB3 is working as it should, except the unwanted poweron after shutdown. So any suggestions on this? I tried PXHCD.kext with my P8P67 rev.3.0 without success.