Laptop LED Buttons

lkelly2006

2 posts in this topic

So here is a strange one. Since I've had OS X on this laptop, since Leopard, the LED controls above the keyboard have never worked. When Lion was first released I was using Chameleon r755 and for some reason decided to press one of the buttons. The play/pause, stop, and skip buttons actually worked in iTunes!

I updated my Chameleon to use the UseKernelCache function and the buttons no longer work. I had to downgrade my Chameleon back to r755 to get my FaceTime to register and I had confirmed that this is the only build that allows the buttons to work.

It was very convenient to have the functionality but the 1 minute less boot time with UseKernelCache is much more useful. Any thoughts here?

Also, I'm not using a DSDT on this laptop any longer as it really messed things up when I moved my SL compile over (perhaps I need to update though I don't notice any performance difference without it).

This is in regards to my Toshiba Qosmio X305-Q701.

post-402375-1314133292_thumb.jpg

Chameleon v2.1 r1478 works as well. Looks like I can keep my fast boot and LED functionality, for now!

No thoughts tho, there's not to be something being added/removed from the boot loader to enable/disable the LED button's functionality?