Need Helping Patching DSDT to Fix Wake

namxob645

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've been trying for days to correctly patch my dsdt to fix sleep on my laptop. The current situation is the laptop successfully enters sleep, but when I try to wake it the hard drive and some lights turn on but then nothing happens. The screen does not turn on and the system is unresponsive, which requires a hard reboot. The systems logs do not show any signs of an attempt to wake either. As for my progress on my DSDT, so far I've successfully applied a variety of patches including:

DTGP

SBUS

ICH9- USB Sleep Fix

EHCI USB Sleep Fix

IRQs

FN Keys

RTC

Shutdown

HPET

LPC

WAK

Remove & Rename

Even after all that my system still does not work as it should. If anyone could help me out that'd be great, thanks.

Archive.zip

I just did a reinstall hoping that I had screwed something up along the way, but even with just FakeSMC and IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector it still doesn't wake. What's interesting is that while my usb devices seem to be able to partially pull the system out of sleep, they cease to function immediately afterwards. For example, the light on my wireless receiver doesn't light up to indicate mouse activity after attempting a wake. I'm quite lost.

I just did a reinstall hoping that I had screwed something up along the way, but even with just FakeSMC and IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector it still doesn't wake. What's interesting is that while my usb devices seem to be able to partially pull the system out of sleep, they cease to function immediately afterwards. For example, the light on my wireless receiver doesn't light up to indicate mouse activity after attempting a wake. I'm quite lost.

try it

dsdt.01.zip

I do not know if this will work

you can test

Good news,

I got wake working, mostly. Turns out I just needed to do some OS patching. I gave darwin the same values as windows 2006 in my dsdt and now wake is working. There's just one problem though. The backlight on my display doesn't turn on. I can see things on the screen so I know its getting video but without the backlight it's nearly impossible to see anything. I found a dsdt patch for the asus 1000h that is suppose to reenable it, but my dsdt is different and won't compile if I try to use it. Do you know how I could get the backlight to turn on again? Thanks for your help.

Link to asus patch:

http://ipis-osx.wikidot.com/forum/t-121404...t-fix-for-1000h