Dell Vostro 3350 DSDT Help

Phantom Thief Dark Mousy

20 posts in this topic

Hey Guys I need help with my dsdt, I tried to edit but no luck. My system is as follows:

Dell Vostro 3350:

core i5 2410

8 gb ddr3 ram

Intel HD 3000 GFX & AMD Radeon 6470M (detected as 6490 in Windows and Dell Calls it the 6490).

Dell Wifi 1510

2 USB 3.0 and 1 USB2/estata hybrid.

What works:

Wifi.

Keyboard (with fn shortcuts)

Touchpad (with two finger Gestures :) )

What doesn't work:

Graphics

Audio

USB is very finicky

I saw madlon's run me file so I used it to dump a fresh DSDT.

Please help me and if you can tell me what exactly you did I would appreciate it as I want to understand DSDT editing better.

send_me.zip

Thanks for that

SD card reader now works, USB is detected as built-in but sleep not working at all. Audio still not working but system profiler sees it. Intel HD 3000 detected but not working no QE/CI. AMD not working.

I have a question about injecting the following: AAPL,os-info

is that something that is achieved with dsdt editing?

If there is a tutorial please let me know so i may try.

you need remove EvOreboot, NullCPUPowerManagement and SleepEnabler

use it

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...258611&st=0

DSDT

use the search forum

you will find quite a lot

Okay Now Sleep works and so does Intel HD 3000, gonna try aschars linux script for sound and another smbios to see if i can kick the AMD on.

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!

I ran the script and got my codec dumps (after many unsuccessful attempts) but I cant seem to find a tutorial on how to do this edit for Lion, think you can help me?

The file includes a dsdt dump from linux...But the one you gave me earlier is alot better with the fixes. Also is hdmi audio possible or is that on the AMD card as well?

0M516T.zip

Copy the keys CommonPeripheralDSP and PathMaps from LegacyHDA to AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/Platforms.xml (replace original contents);

Copy the keys LayoutID and PathMapRef (they're inside key Layouts) to AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/layout??.xml (replace original contents or create a new file if it doesn't exist, ?? = LayoutID);

Copy the dict from key HDAConfigDefault (it's inside key HDA Hardware Config Resource) to key HDAConfigDefault in AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist (paste as child);

Use PlistEdit to edit the plist files.

If the codec isn't ALC889A or AD1988B you will also need to edit the file AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA (binary).

For Realtek (ALC88x) replace the 4 instances of 85 08 EC 10 (inverted bytes of codec 0885 and vendor 10EC) by your codec, for example, 88 08 EC 10.

Use an hex editor (0xED) or the command

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x85\x08\xec\x10|\x88\x08\xec\x10|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

For Analog Devices (AD) replace the 4 instances of 8B 19 D4 11 by your codec

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x8b\x19\xd4\x11|\x9b\x98\xd4\x11|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

Okay Question, which legacyHDA kext do I use? my search showed alot and I dont wanna get the wrong one. Also does this method work with IDT codecs?

I still have not tested

you can test and tell if it works

would be better to edit VoodooHda

Work Like a charm

I still have not tested

you can test and tell if it works

would be better to edit VoodooHda

Work Like a charm

Okay I'm gonna try that, Question though, is there a way that you can make my dsdt more structurally sound? As in instead of my devices being all over the place they are in the proper hierarchy? Example:

http://tdev.me/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/...Pro8_2-ACPI.zip

I want to try some fixes for graphics to make it so at least my intell HD card cuts on every time. and question, I might be getting another wifi card with bluetooth built in, if I do that will I have to redump my dsdt all over again? (I'm hoping for no...)

Okay I'm gonna try that, Question though, is there a way that you can make my dsdt more structurally sound? As in instead of my devices being all over the place they are in the proper hierarchy? Example:

http://tdev.me/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/...Pro8_2-ACPI.zip

I want to try some fixes for graphics to make it so at least my intell HD card cuts on every time. and question, I might be getting another wifi card with bluetooth built in, if I do that will I have to redump my dsdt all over again? (I'm hoping for no...)

no problem

use same DSDT

INTEL HD

apply _DSM into video device and use FB kext mod

THANKS!!! It worked, sorta...

I just realized the DSDT that I gave you was not exactly sound, I had things pluged into the USB so I lost my bluetooth. I attached a clean one with nothing plugged in from windows, can you do that same fixes as the one above?

VANILLA_DSDT.zip

Can anyone help? I need to have my bluetooth dongle working

• 3 weeks later...

Oh wow this thread is exactly what I need for my 3350.

Phantom Thief Dark Mousy - How did you do your initial install? [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]+Retail 10.6.3?

• 3 months later...