Back to tiger ;)

LeoVanGogh

4 posts in this topic

Intel iMac 20"

Just get back to tiger, 10.5 is nice and will surely be better than tiger but for now it is still a bogus os.

the seems to have drop suppot for rosetta.

my everyday use apps ar all prepress softwares and all the cs is still unavailable as universal binary. quark 7 universal keep crashing. indesign was usable though, illustrator ! when i use the select tool and make a click on an object its as if theres no ai interface in front of me and like im clicking on just what is behing the ai interface: if its the finder i get in the finder or any other application behind.

Photoshop OK but some unexpectedly quit

quark 6 never start up

no problem on any java apps im using : cidero, ldapbrowser

no problem with apple remote desktop

rendering problem with idvd

when i first open firefox it was not displaying frames correctly.

-----

what i liked:

1st Mail

2nd Space

3rd Time machine - on an external of 300 there was after 5 backup - 1 folder of 140 gb + 1 of 70 + 1 of 75 + 1 of 70 + 1 of 70!!!!

----------

havn t look too much around in the sys files and folders

------

thers lot of littlething changed:

print setup utility

no netinfo - i think will b fully command line

directory utility

+ lot of other options

------

had had a lot of kernel panic

------

i will keep leopard though on my kwadd g5 as no much trouble with my cs apps which are still for ppc.

since 3 days no kernel panic on the g5, boot twice in 3 days

------

transition back was painless:

archive and install :(

took me exactly 56 mins from booting with c press to finder with user account in use. ive just move my users account to the new user folder and re add the account in sys prefs.

the intel one.

Which version of G5 do you have?

i got a 4x2.5 and i can only boot from the 10.5 dvd i burn and from its original tiger install dvd. booting from a 2pro 2.5 g5 dvd result in kernel panic, booting from retail version of tiger OK, booting from panther cd = kernel panic, tdm & install from another mac = kernel panic on boot after install!!!

strange ya, but had never fight with it and have also a backup of the original installs dvds just in case of.

Archive and install was straight on the intel imac, no trouble encountered.

Actually I resolved the problem... it was cause I was using a backup copy of Tiger to try ro boot.

Using the DVD that came with the computer resolved the problem and now I'm running in Tiger again. Got quite a scare. :)

Thanks anyway!!

Cheers