[sale] Excellent silent hackintosh base London UK

rwillett

3 posts in this topic

Work has now provided me a very large Mac Pro base unit so my lovely hackintosh base is no longer needed.

This is a great base unit, that is 100% reliable and even sleeps. It is utterly silent as it has a high end silent power supply, a decent silent cpu cooler, a decent silent graphics card all encases in a jet black Coolermaster case.

i run this beauty in a bedroom and it is as quiet as a grave. You can put your head actually in the case, see the fans whirring but no sound at all.

The base unit has

Gigabyte G31M esl motherboard.

An Intel dual core 2.8ghz CPU.

4gb ram.

A 400mb Firewire card.

A silent 9400 nvidia card hdmi and vga out. I use vga out at 1920x1080 and its flawless. Qe/qi all work.

A scyth 650w psu.

Black Coolermaster 690 case.

Scyth cpu cooler

black dvd drive.

A samsung 1.5TB hard disk split 750gb/750gb.

It is running snow leopard 10.6.8 with no issues for weeks at at a time. i run sound out of it using Griffin IMic spystem which is not included.

This is a great system which just works. You can tinker with it if you will but its ready to go now. why waste your time trying to build a system when you can have ine ready made.

Happy to show it off to anybody. Its all in perfect condition

I live Greenwich in London uk. Make me a sensible offer and we'll talk. I want to sell to get the space back, I will not entertain stupid offers :P

• 2 months later...

Hello mate, sorry to jump in off topic you can delete this comment if not interested. I was wondering if you would be interested in helping me do the post install stuff. I have snow leopard version 10.6 running but can't get my system to update with combo update (to 10.8). I do not have sound either. I would basically like to pay you to come and get the hackintosh up and running as stable and correctly as possible. Also i live in Catford so very local.

My sytem is.

gigabyte ud3r x58a rev 2

intel i7 950

4gb ddr3 1600mhz corsair ram

antec 902 case.

Regards Robert