Audio Fix

Horatio

10 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, I'm trying to get the Audio to work on my Abit AA8xe Fatal1ty mobo, but it doesn't seem to want to be working for me... I tried following the wiki here http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Audio

And everything went just perfect. However I am still completely soundless! Oh, one more thing I did have to do things slightly differently then they suggested. in step 8 where it says

Scroll down until you see "<key>NVIDIA AC97 Audio</key>" You will see a part below it that says <string> **Other ids** </string>. Enter yours in so it looks like <string> **other ids** 0x005910de</string>

I don't have that line of Other ids in my plist, what I do have is

<key>IOClass</key>
					<string>AppleAC97AudioIntelICH</string>
					<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
					<string>0x00da10de 0x006a10de 0x01b110de 0x088010EC</string>

The last 0x088010EC is what I added in myself. Whats going on, and how come my audio is still failing?

Well bugger it seems I don't have the AC97 codec on my computer... Abit uses the RealTek ALC880 codec... Lousy higher quality devices >.< Any way to get audio out of this beast?

Hey everyone, I'm trying to get the Audio to work on my Abit AA8xe Fatal1ty mobo, but it doesn't seem to want to be working for me... I tried following the wiki here http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Audio

And everything went just perfect. However I am still completely soundless! Oh, one more thing I did have to do things slightly differently then they suggested. in step 8 where it says

I don't have that line of Other ids in my plist, what I do have is

<key>IOClass</key>
					<string>AppleAC97AudioIntelICH</string>
					<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
					<string>0x00da10de 0x006a10de 0x01b110de 0x088010EC</string>

The last 0x088010EC is what I added in myself. Whats going on, and how come my audio is still failing?

Well bugger it seems I don't have the AC97 codec on my computer... Abit uses the RealTek ALC880 codec... Lousy higher quality devices >.

Your sound card is not an Intel ICH one, neither a nVidia one, since is ALC8xx you can look at the AppleAzalia.kext.

• 2 weeks later...
Your sound card is not an Intel ICH one, neither a nVidia one, since is ALC8xx you can look at the AppleAzalia.kext.

Im having the same problems with my attempts to get the sound working.

Have followed the guide and as already posted I dont have the line of code mentioned all the code refers to Intel.

Thus far I have found that my motherboad (Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro SLI) has Realtek AC97 Audio and has a device ID of 10DE and VENDOR 0059 giving me an Nforce 4 code of 0x005910DE I seem to have the hardware to support audio but cannot figure where this code is to go.

Can anybody please advise or give me a pointer to a guide that will solve this.

If you installed from Generic DVD copy from Darwin CD the AppleAC97Audio.kext then edit the following file

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleAC97ICHIntel.kext/Contents/Info.plist

find the Nvidia part and add 0x005910de to the list of deviceIDs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...