WiFi Not Working On MBP

2 posts in this topic

Not sure if this would go in OS X Lion discussion or here, mainly because I don't know if Lion caused it, or if it was just coincidence.

Anyway, I have a mid-2009 Macbook Pro that was running Snow Leopard up until yesterday, with Windows 7 on Bootcamp. Then I went ahead and decided to install Lion. After Lion installed, everything was still fine. Internet working and all. But then, about 4 hours later, it just quit. The Wifi would connect, but I couldn't get to the internet. And here's the strange part: it's no longer working in Windows 7 Bootcamp either.

The problem is definitely not the router, as I have an iPhone, an iPod touch and an Android phone that can all connect just fine. I reset the PRAM(?) in the computer by holding Command+Ctrl+P+R at boot, and that worked for about a whole 30 seconds before the internet cut out again.

Does anybody have any ideas? I'm using the ethernet now and it works just fine, so this seems like a hardware problem with the Wifi card, but I'm not sure. :/

• 1 month later...