Dell i3-350m Hackintosh WORKING

avsuinc

1 post in this topic

Hey guys, I have not seen many posts about my particular machine, so I thought I would say a few things to see if anyone else has had any success like me. I grabbed [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and a copy of OS X 10.6. I started up from the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] then switched over and installed 10.6. Trackpad, keyboard, sound, time machine, computer cd-dvd reading, and a default resolution of 1024 by 768 worked.

I eventually got wise and copied the preboot image to the extra folder, and together with chameleon, I now have a MAC that starts up on its own -- no disc required.

I found a supposed wireless card that would work with OS X on ebay and purchased it. $75 later, it sort of worked, but would cycle off for some unknown reason. Eventually, I got smart and put in my lspci numbers in the plist plugin -- and voila! Success.

Found AppleACPIBatteryManager kext and now I have battery power showing on the desktop (like normal)

I also got a clue and found a rescue disk for OS X called Rescue Disk For Mac by Paragon. This thing is awesome. When you screw things up by adding a kext that causes a total panic, you simply pop in this disc, it allows you to start up, find the offensive file, and delete it. You can even plug in a usb thumbnail drive and copy things so you don't lose anything. I strongly urge you to find it and plunk down the cash. It's well worth it.

As it stands now, I have only a few things that do not work, but I am optimistic that this machine will eventually be even better than it is right now. Running 10.6.3 with Nawcom's kernel for 10.6.8 without a glitch. I could update, but I'm thinking of waiting for Lion.

So, with that said,

anyone know how to get Sleep to work?

Ethernet port? Every time I try a driver for ethernet, the machine crashes.

Anyone have a thought about the video card (Intel HD -- I never have found a dsdt file for this motherboard)

Screen brightness control -- anyone?

DVDs show up, but won't play with an error 70001 (or something like that).

Otherwise, my experience has been fantastic. This machine rocks. Let me hear form you. Thanks.