Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

How to upgrade 10.5.5 to 10.5.8 or fix Safari?

1 post in this topic

Ok, so I'm running iDeneb 10.5.5 and I have changed SystemVerison.plist to say that I'm running 10.5.8, I was wondering how to upgrade my installation to 10.5.8 or fix Safari. Last time I tried an update, it just froze (I think it was one specifically for iDeneb), and I can't remember what happened with the official update... but if I could avoid updating to solve this problem, that would be great!

My problem with Safari is that every time I try to open a new tab, it crashes. I'm sure it's because some file is missing that is in 10.5.8 that isn't in 10.5.5, so is it possible to get Safari to work correctly? I love Safari, and although I can use another web browser, I would love to use Safari :hysterical:

If you guys need it, I could give you guys the crash report :dev:

I would love to get Safari working, thanks guys!