Need help for App Store

Legends

6 posts in this topic

Hello community :)

I upgraded my Snow Retail to 10.6.6 on my AMD PC.

But when I download an app from App Store, it crashes (maybe because I'm on AMD PC?) and it's not working.

Only default apps are working.

Also tried with Marvin's Utilty but no luck.

What I have to do?

Any help would be appreciated.

I upgraded my Snow Retail to 10.6.6 on my AMD PC.

But when I download an app from App Store, it crashes (maybe because I'm on AMD PC?) and it's not working.

Only default apps are working.

If you're running in the 64-bit kernel and it crashed in one of the Intel SSE3 specific functions (such as OSAtomicEnqueue) it's likely. Try setting the app to "Open in 32-bit mode".

But if you're able to run the operating system and default apps (including the Mac AppStore), the AMD chip isn't a big concern. Let the app's developer know as it's a customer support issue.

Tried with 32-bit mode. Same problem.

Just downloaded other apps, they crashed all. I don't think it's an app problem

I don't think it's an AMD problem as your system runs. So does mine. And I run MAS and downloaded apps too. And MAS used to crash on me (or its store helper utility) every time until I deleted/reset its preferences files.

You'll need to provide us with more details on the crash(es) than "they crashed". Which thread/stack frame did they crash in?

Also Flash Player in Safari is not working

Flash used to crash in Safari for me as well until I downloaded Flash Player 10.3.181.26 from Adobe's site.

About Flash, I will try to download the correct version. Thanks for it.

I hope it doesn't need to be that exact version. The point is mainly that the version installed with Snow Leopard is less than adequate.

About apps, what do you mean by "MAS" ?

I'm sorry for using an acronym there. I meant Mac AppStore.

I completely understand the frustration in having a system where the apps crash, and I hope you get it working smoothly.