r00tlolz

9 posts in this topic

dsdt.r00tlolz.zip

add in boot.plist

<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

It doesn't seem to be working properly, I don't get the message about Turbo ratios in the kernel.log anymore, and I still get crappy battery life ^_^

Could it possibly be the GPU that's hogging all of the power?

Do you have brightness & sleep working?

I have a Samsung Q310, and I wondered if any of the fixes you have applied could be applied to mine?

I do have the Speedstepping working on mine with the patches you describe, and I still get crappy battery life!

Do you have brightness & sleep working?

I have a Samsung Q310, and I wondered if any of the fixes you have applied could be applied to mine?

I do have the Speedstepping working on mine with the patches you describe, and I still get crappy battery life!

I don't think I have Speedstep enabled, and I think the GPU is using up all the battery... And the brightness was done with changing a value in the binary of AppleIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext, I can't seem to find the article right now :) I'll let you know if I do find it.

And I really don't remember what I patched for sleep... lemme have a look in my DSDT

I don't think I have Speedstep enabled, and I think the GPU is using up all the battery... And the brightness was done with changing a value in the binary of AppleIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext, I can't seem to find the article right now :) I'll let you know if I do find it.

And I really don't remember what I patched for sleep... lemme have a look in my DSDT

Thanks, although looking at your specs our machines are very different!

I have an old Core2Duo while you have an i5!

You never know though? :D

Thanks, although looking at your specs our machines are very different!

I have an old Core2Duo while you have an i5!

You never know though? :P

They are pretty different, and Samsung most likely used a different board for it. But knowing Samsung, brightness is whacked up because it's controlled by the graphics card, which is why getting brightness control is a pain in the rear. When I did a fresh reinstall of Windows 7, the brightness switching didn't work at all, until I installed the nVidia driver. Changing that value apparently relinquishes control from that kext back to the graphics card. Considering if you have full QE/CI support of course.

Sleep- you'll probably have to figure that one out yourself... what happens when you try to go to sleep? And does disabling Legacy USB support in the BIOS help?