Finally it's working (partly)

qmaxtor

5 posts in this topic

Hi All,

After one month with minimal sleep hours i managed to install the OS X 10.4.7 Jas native on my sysem.

i installed the macvidia driver ver 1.0.8 (No QE/CI).

i didn't manage to install the AGPGART.

also installed the UDMA support. (Now my HD shows as SATA but my real sata drive isn't working)

The only problem that blocking me from leaving the damm XP is the sound issue. i read a lot of posts about it but i coldn't find soulotion for my AC97 (Realtek ALC658 CODEC).

I guess that there are different versions of AC97. can someone please tell me (according to my mobo specs) if it is possible to operate the AC97 or i should spare my time and quit.

Please find my system conifiguration below:

CPU: Intel 3.0GHz HT (Socket 478)

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-8S655FX-L

HD: 40G ATA SEAGATE

RAM: 1GB

AUDIO: On Board (Not working)

Network: On Board (Working)

DVD: Toshiba SD-R5272 (Working, burning)

Boot with chain 0

Best Regards

Do you get an error message when logging in? If not, then try switching the jack around to other ports, like your line in, or mic. Trust me ;)

Dear Acidnine,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

My problem is before the stage of switching jack. my AC97 is not even recognized. :P for almost one month i serached for solution but i couldn't find it. i think that it's not searchnig for the dirver at all. is there a boot log that i can see if the driver was loaded?

Looking forward to your respons,

Best Regards,

Qmaxtor

is there a boot log that i can see if the driver was loaded?

If you go to System Profiler (in Utilities folder), click on "Extensions" (under Software) on the left, then on the right see all of the loaded extensions.

Another way is to go to Terminal (in Utilities folder) and type: ioreg -l (that is a dash followed by lowercase L). This will show you a pseudo-graphical representation of your system and what is loaded and connected to what.

If you go to System Profiler (in Utilities folder), click on "Extensions" (under Software) on the left, then on the right see all of the loaded extensions.

Another way is to go to Terminal (in Utilities folder) and type: ioreg -l (that is a dash followed by lowercase L). This will show you a pseudo-graphical representation of your system and what is loaded and connected to what.

Thank for your reply.

Good news!!! yesterday i found the solution!!!! now i have audio and mic Link. now i need to find a way to make the SPDIF working (my pc is connected to denon reciver via coax) and manage to install the AGPGart.

Thank you all for your support!